Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy 4 Months!

Stella is four months old today!  It's been nothing but great joy watching her grow and develop.  She's now reaching for things and holding on.  She found my chest hair the other day, OUCH, so I'm keeping my shirt on around her for awhile.
Her four month doctor's appointment is this coming Monday so we'll find out her official weight and length but she's about 12-13 pounds according to our rough calculations using our home scale.  I swear there are mornings I look at her and she's grown a lot overnight.  Her head control is outstanding as she will hold her head up, looking around when we raise her above us in a Superman hold.  She's still not a huge fan of holding her head up during tummy time but she's getting much better at it, holding it up for longer stretches before she decides it's not much fun and starts to fuss.
I've been able to get substitute teaching jobs about 2 or 3 times a week so that's good for me to get out into the world and deal with other people's kids.  I've taught from 12th graders in High School all the way down to Kindergartners in gym class.  The gym class was total chaos but loads of fun.  That same day I had some 1st and 2nd graders and could really tell the developmental difference between just those three years.  The second graders could concentrate more on throwing and hitting a big cushy softball with a padded bat and the kindergartners just wanted to run around chasing the balls as I threw them around the gym.
I've confirmed my desire to teach high schoolers instead of elementary students and middle schoolers would be much more of a handful but I've found I can connect with them better than anticipated so I won't rule a job teaching middle schoolers.


Here's a couple of pictures I took today.  I put her in the MSU onesie and she looked too boyish so I added the pink pants for girl power.



Stella's happy to be 4 month's old



Stella looking and grabbing a hanging toy.


No comments: